Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The audition process..


Had my 1st audition for Penelope K here in Sydney. This consisted of turning up and waiting with the other hopefuls in the foyer like a doctors surgery..


I decided to audition for the role of the Trumpet - the leader of the Band that Peneleope asks questions to. Even brought my own trumpet to the audition - how prepared is that.


So picture this - walk into the audition room - 4 people watching behind a desk like the scene from Flashdance with Jeniffer Beale. They play various pieces of music and I am required to make the trumpet "Come Alive".. After this I am required to have a conversation with a Trombone telling it that I am the leader of the band and it should mind its place.. The scary part?? I loved it and got into WAY too easily..

The producer only made me do one take each part of the audition and moved me immediately to the side - then spent extensive time with the other auditionees? Was i that good or that bad? too old? who knows.. wait and see Jason..

No comments:

Post a Comment